We are looking for a summer intern in Bishkek for production management and marketing.
Who are we?
KANCHA is a design brand based in Bishkek and Berlin that makes accessories for urban nomads. All our products are handcrafted in Kyrgyzstan from local felt, leather and organic cotton. In Berlin, the marketing and design team is making sure that our bags and wallets smoothly make it to the final consumer all over the world. Our mission is to make Kyrgyzstan rightfully known in the world.
Find out more on www.kancha.de
Who are you?
– You speak Russian and English or German (no need for perfection, but you should be able to make yourself understood)
– You like to take initiative and enjoy working in an dynamic, transnational team
– You have interest in design and an eye for the detail
– You use social media and Microsoft office like a pro
What to expect?
– Production management support: manage product orders, check quality, etc
– Product development support: communicate with the designer in Berlin, procure materials, coordinate prototyping with the craftspeople etc
– marketing support: contribute photos or stories to our social media accounts etc
– Sales support (optional): take part in fairs or markets, find new sales outlets in Bishkek etc
– Be flexible and have fun: we are a young company with many opportunities and are always open for new ideas
– Long term employment, if things work well!
Start date: as soon as possible
Working hours: flexible, 20 to 40 hours per week
If interested, send us your CV and a short letter to firstname.lastname@example.org